What are some ways to add pure barley grass to your diet?
- Add It To Water
- Make A Barlini (Barley Panini)
- Try A Good Morning Shake
- Cream Puffs For A Sweet Treat
- Make A Snack With Barley Snap Cookies
If you have heard about the health benefits of pure barley grass, then you may be keen to try it for the first time. On the other hand, if you’re used to drinking it in your water, then you may be looking for other ways to include it in your diet. Whatever your situation is, it is good that you are taking better care of your health.
Pure barley grass has many health benefits. It can lower bad cholesterol, control blood sugar, and fight cancer. It can also aid in weight loss because of its fiber content as it makes you feel fuller for longer. If you want to know more about how to get all these health benefits and how to add barley to your diet, keep on reading!
Add It To Water
If you are busy, then you may not have all the time to prepare complicated meals. Nowadays we have so many things to do that we forget how important it is to take enough nutrients to take care of our body. If you can relate to this, then barley water is for you.
Try our Santé Barley in Canister. It combines pure barley grass with stevia, a healthier and natural sugar alternative. Just follow the recommended dosage per serving and add it to your water and mix. It’s that easy!
This is also best served with ice and can be the best beverage for hot summer days. Not only is it refreshing, but it is also nutritional. Want to know how else you can introduce Santé Barley in Canister to your diet? Read on!
Make a Barlini (Barley Panini)
If you’re trying to get into a healthier lifestyle, then you may have noticed that your energy levels have dropped. Want to know what caused it? An unbalanced diet. One way to get a quick energy boost is through carbohydrates such as bread and whole grains. Carbohydrates are considered the body’s main energy source. With a recipe like The Barley Panini, you can get the health benefits of carbohydrates and pure barley grass in one.
- 100g bread flour
- 5g Santé Barley™ grass powder
- 8g instant yeast
- 600g water
- 16g salt
- 50g olive oil
- In a small container, mix water and salt.
- In a big bowl, combine the barley grass powder, bread flour, and yeast. Then, mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Slowly combine the combination in a mixer at low speed. Mix for 2 minutes until the dough has formed.
- After which, add olive oil and increase to a medium speed.
- Once the dough has reached a uniform consistency, let the dough ferment for approximately 2 hours.
- After fermenting, cut the dough into 100g pieces and round them.
- Take a baguette tray and lightly grease it. After which, flatten all the pieces and put them on the tray.
- Let them proof until they have doubled in thickness.
- Then, bake the pieces of bread in an oven at 210°C for approximately 12 minutes.
- When they have turned into a light barley color, take them out of the oven and enjoy!
Try A Good Morning Shake
Sometimes it feels difficult to wake up in the morning to do our tasks. That’s why we need a healthy breakfast at the beginning of the day so we can have the energy to complete our to-do lists. Try this Good Morning Shake to start the day right.
- 1 sachet of Santé Barley (3g)
- 12 to 16 ounces of squeezed orange juice
- 1 big banana
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Ready your ingredients on a clean surface.
- Cut the banana into smaller slices.
- Mix pure barley, orange juice, banana, yogurt, vanilla extract, and a sweetener of your choice in a blender for 30 seconds.
- You can add on chia seeds if you prefer. Enjoy!
Our Santé Barley powder which is available in sachets is already blended with stevia. If you’re going to use an additional sweetener, we recommend using the same for a more natural and healthier alternative.
If you would like to try another healthy breakfast drink, then we recommend our Santé coffee choices which are all infused with pure barley grass. If you like it simple, we have Fusion Coffee. Cappuccino lovers will appreciate Barliccino Coffee. For that extra nutrition, you can opt for Boost Coffee made with Robusta beans and Tongkat Ali.
Cream Puffs For A Sweet Treat
If you have a sweet tooth and you’re looking for a way to increase your protein intake for muscle gain, then we have a treat for you! With Santé Choco Barley, you can create all types of creamy chocolate desserts while maintaining your healthy regimen. The chocolate powder boasts both high calcium and high protein content. This means that you can protect your bones and your muscles while enjoying something sweet. Read on to learn about this deliciously healthy Chocolate Cream Puff recipe.
For Choux Pastry
- 475g water
- 226g butter
- ½ tsp butter
- 340g bread flour
- 7 egg
- 85g sugar
- 100g water
- 30g cake flour
- 60g egg yolks
- 300g evaporated milk
- 25g butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 10 cornstarch
- 3 sachets of Santé Choco Barley
- In a saucepan, melt butter, salt, and water at medium heat.
- Add the flour into a mixer bowl. Pour melted butter in and set at low speed.
- After 2 minutes have passed, increase to medium speed. Slowly add the eggs one at a time. Make sure that the egg has been fully incorporated before adding the next one in.
- Keep mixing until the pastry reaches a thick and smooth consistency.
- Then, turn off the mixing bowl. Add the pastry to a piping bag with your desired nozzle before piping on to a greased baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 180°C until they have turned golden.
- In a saucepan, boil water and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, evaporated milk, vanilla, and an egg yolk. Then, add the mixture to the boiling sugar.
- While continuing to mix at a low heat, add the butter until the mixture has become viscous.
- Once it has cooled, add Santé Choco Barley powder and mix thoroughly.
For Cream Puffs
- To prepare, cut the choux diagonally.
- In a piping bag, put in the chocolate cream mixture and squeeze into the pastry.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chocolate barley grass powder and enjoy!
Make A Snack With Barley Snap Cookies
When afternoon comes, most people may feel hungry and crave a snack. Instead of the usual junk food, you can try our easy recipe for Barley Snap Cookies! It can be eaten alone, with milk, or coffee. Kids will also like this healthy snack.
- 10 g Santé Barley™ Powder
- 500 g soft flour
- 250 g sugar
- 240 g vegetable oil
- 80 g water
- 5 g baking powder
- 5 g vanilla
- Measure each ingredient and have it ready.
- Mix sugar, water, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Blend with a mixer on low speed until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add the soft flour, Santé Barley powder, and baking powder in small batches and beat well until all ingredients are combined.
- Scoop and scale into 35g apiece. Flatten into a thin shape that you prefer.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 180°C or until tanned barley in color.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and serve.
If you want another healthy snack, you can try our FibrEnergy™. The ingredients are barley, oats, and chia seeds.
Oats have beta-glucan, which can lower bad cholesterol and also protect the gut. It is also commonly combined with other healthy ingredients as well, such as berries, nuts, and seeds. One example is chia seeds which can make you feel fuller for longer when combined with a liquid.
It is important to enjoy our meals and drinks for us to keep on eating them. This way, we can benefit from the nutritional value of the healthy ingredients we choose to consume. To have healthy eating habits, it is important to be consistent. Adding pure barley grass to various kinds of recipes can add variety to our diet.
If you have any questions or inquiries do not hesitate to contact us. We hope that you live a happy and healthy lifestyle. Happy eating!