BENEFITS OF BARLEY GRASS
Packed with nutrients, barley grass offers a wide assortment of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids beneficial for the body. It is a nutritional powerhouse that can give a variety of health benefits such as
- Helps strengthen the immune system
- Boosts energy and stamina
- Fights cancer cells
- Reduces harmful cholesterol
- Removes toxins
- Aids digestion
- Promotes bone and dental health
- Prevents anemia and fatigue
- Supports proper kidney function
- Reduces inflammation
- Has anti-aging properties
- Maintains skin health and elasticity
- Helps normalize blood sugar levels
Because of its numerous benefits, people in Ethiopia and southeast Asia have been cultivating barley for more than 10,000 years.
Today, we source out the purest organic barley from Canterbury, New Zealand, a central-eastern region of the country’s South Island. The farms on which our product is grown are all certified organic and have been so for many years. This means our barley grass is grown without chemical pesticides or artificial fertilizers. Additionally, the Canterbury region is considered one of the cleanest and least polluted regions of the globe.
A NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE
- Barley is the only plant source on Earth that can support our nutritional needs from our formative years to old age.
- It is packed with the B vitamins, vitamins C and E, calcium, iron, amino acids, flavonoids, and a number of enzymes and minerals.
- The superoxide dismutase (SOD) found in barley is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells, prevents disease, reduces inflammation, and speeds up healing.
Barley grass is so rich in nutrients and vitamins that consumers have come to rely on it to fill in nutritional gaps in their diets. Vegans and vegetarians use it to supplement their plant-based diets since every 100 grams of barley contains as much as 12 grams of protein!